Since you are already here, you seek to understand what lies behind the untapped potential of persons with disabilities. By completing this training material you will be able to acknowledge and reap the benefits of including persons with disabilities in your workforce, as well as learn how you can recruit and accommodate them, creating and inclusive work environment that embraces and integrates diversity.
Introduction & Guidelines
What is it all about?
The Beyond Inclusion is a transnational project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union. It brings together a consortium from 5 EU countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Spain and Cyprus), involving 8 expert organizations with complementary experience and expertise: Great People Inside SRL (Romania), Militos Consulting S.A. (Greece), Innovation Training Center (Spain), Business Information and Training Center – Sandanski (Bulgaria), R&Do (Cyprus), AEK (Greece), ME ALLA MATIA (Greece), ASOCIATIA ROMANA DE PSIHOPEDAGOGIE APLICATA (Romania).
This is the intriguing dual objective of Beyond Inclusion project:
Trigger a disability inclusive SMEs mindset, where disability is a benefit.
Equip persons with disabilities with the appropriate tools, practices and soft skills orientation, as well as with a methodology on how to best demonstrate their unique skills in a professional context or when seeking for a job.
The training material is presented along 2 Modules. Each Module constitutes of Units and at the end of each Unit you can test the knowledge you have acquired by answering two assignments.
At the end of Module 1 you will learn:
- Cultural factors, issues, misperceptions and stereotypes which lead to rejection and isolation of persons with disabilities
- What are the factors and challenges that limit the entry of persons with disabilities into the labour market
- What are the advantages and benefits for your company when hiring people with disabilities
- How to create an inclusive and diverse workforce and gain a source of high quality work by hiring persons with disabilities
- Government guidelines and initiatives, such as legal frameworks, the rights of persons with disabilities, and accessing of incentives and grants.
At the end of Module 2 you will learn:
- Adapt the work environment for the inclusion of persons with disabilities
- Apply teleworking as an alternative form of employment, understanding pros and cons
Apply inclusive practices in your company, exploring training programmes for employers
Be open about disability. Employees with disabilities can bring you to an exciting path.
Keep notes of the facts about persons with disabilities that impressed you when reading Module 1.
Pay attention to the legal framework and discover incentives and grants that can promote inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Make a mind map about the steps you can follow for an inclusive workplace when reading Module 2.